My 5 minutes makeup look
Posted: Feb 26 2016
Finding 5 minutes in the morning to get your makeup done before leaving home can sometimes be difficult, you can end up applying mascara and lippie in the car or on public transport.
To help, I’ve come up with a quick 7 stage 5-minute makeup routine which hopefully will work for you when you need it. I had my good friend Claire help me demo this, you’ll see her in the photos and there'll be a video to watch coming soon.
A bit of makeup can not only pull together a look but can give you a boost.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Foundation and concealer
- A neutral eye shadow
- Black eyeliner or brown if you want a softer finish.
- Cream blush
- Translucent setting powder
1. Foundation and concealer - Start by concealing under your eyes to hide dark circles and apply concealer to your eyelids this will help you look wide awake and as neutral surface to add your eye shadow to, it will also help shadows to last longer and stop creasing.
Next apply foundation, it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to apply foundation and remember to use a light hand. You can always add more makeup and its less work than having to remove the excess.
2. Eye makeup shouldn't take more than two minutes. Sweep a neutral shade of shadow over your entire lid, and then apply a deeper shade of the same hue into your crease. Blend, blend, blend.
3. To apply eyeliner just smudge it along your lash-line for a little definition keeping it close to the eye lash roots.
4. Then apply a couple of coats of mascara
5. Next take a cream blush and apply a small amount to the top of the apples of your cheeks with your fingertip and blend upwards towards your temples.
Remember don’t take the cream blush close to your nose it should stop in line with your pupil.
6. Then add your favourite lipstick or gloss
7. To finish off the look, set your T-Zone with a light dusting of a translucent setting powder if you feel you need it.
And there you are! In just five minutes to a fresh-faced glow and you’re ready to take on the day.
TOP TIP: Pick products that can serve multiple purposes to save time and help stay well-groomed.