Smokey Eye Makeup
Posted: Oct 27 2014
Love the smoldering eye look? Watch and follow 10 simple steps to create a smokey eye makeup look great for daytime and which can be vamped up for a stronger nighttime look.
1. After applying your normal base makeup, take the Scandal at Midnight palette - a must have for this look, and apply the dark grey shade on to the eye lid using the Eye Shadow 1 brush taking it up to the outer edge. Don't forget blending is really important with this look so use a tapping movement to bland the shadow.
2. Apply the same dark grey shade to the lower lash-line using a Smudger brush.
3. Now use the matte black shadow close along the lower lash-line
TIP - apply black eye liner pencil along the lower lash-line first to create a stronger look
TIP - to keep the look soft and sooty just use the black shadow from the palette
4. Apply the sooty black matte shadow through the eye socket to the outer corner.
5. Dip a fine liner brush in to water so it is just damp and dab it on to the corner of the black shadow, apply along the lower lash-line from the outer edge to the inner corner of the eye.
6. Do the same with the upper lash-line and connect the upper lip to the lower using the same black line.
7. Use the white shadow to highlight the brow bone.
8. Apply the shimmer shadow over the lid and through the eye socket to create a more rock chick look.
9. Use out Waterproof Black Velvet eyeliner inside the lower waterline.
10. Finish the look with layers of mascara